Primary school in Harlesden wins Christmas choir contest
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Harlesden has won the Westfield Christmas Choir Competition 2014.
John Keble Senior Choir from John Keble CofE school on Crownhill Road made their way to the Stratford shopping centre last week where they scooped the prize for Best Performance
One of 12 schools performing, the pupils sang seven of their favourite Christmas songs and carols including Away in a Manger, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Hallelujah and Christmas Calypso.
They sung in unison, in multiple parts and there were solos sung by a few of the girls.
Judges said their confidence, beautiful voices and their very professional look, led them to the cup for Best Performance which was well deserved.
You may also want to watch:
The two other categories were Best Choir and Best Costume.
Music teacher Alejandro Lopez said: “There were so many amazing comments on how well the choir sang and how professional they looked. We are so proud of the children, they worked so hard to do their best and it paid off. It means so much to them to win.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'