Primary school in Harlesden wins Christmas choir contest
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Harlesden has won the Westfield Christmas Choir Competition 2014.
John Keble Senior Choir from John Keble CofE school on Crownhill Road made their way to the Stratford shopping centre last week where they scooped the prize for Best Performance
One of 12 schools performing, the pupils sang seven of their favourite Christmas songs and carols including Away in a Manger, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Hallelujah and Christmas Calypso.
They sung in unison, in multiple parts and there were solos sung by a few of the girls.
Judges said their confidence, beautiful voices and their very professional look, led them to the cup for Best Performance which was well deserved.
You may also want to watch:
The two other categories were Best Choir and Best Costume.
Music teacher Alejandro Lopez said: “There were so many amazing comments on how well the choir sang and how professional they looked. We are so proud of the children, they worked so hard to do their best and it paid off. It means so much to them to win.”
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 10 Free Covid webinar for Brent residents wary of getting a vaccine