Primary school in Harlesden wins Christmas choir contest
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Harlesden has won the Westfield Christmas Choir Competition 2014.
John Keble Senior Choir from John Keble CofE school on Crownhill Road made their way to the Stratford shopping centre last week where they scooped the prize for Best Performance
One of 12 schools performing, the pupils sang seven of their favourite Christmas songs and carols including Away in a Manger, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Hallelujah and Christmas Calypso.
They sung in unison, in multiple parts and there were solos sung by a few of the girls.
Judges said their confidence, beautiful voices and their very professional look, led them to the cup for Best Performance which was well deserved.
You may also want to watch:
The two other categories were Best Choir and Best Costume.
Music teacher Alejandro Lopez said: “There were so many amazing comments on how well the choir sang and how professional they looked. We are so proud of the children, they worked so hard to do their best and it paid off. It means so much to them to win.”
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up