Primary school in Harlesden wins Christmas choir contest
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Harlesden has won the Westfield Christmas Choir Competition 2014.
John Keble Senior Choir from John Keble CofE school on Crownhill Road made their way to the Stratford shopping centre last week where they scooped the prize for Best Performance
One of 12 schools performing, the pupils sang seven of their favourite Christmas songs and carols including Away in a Manger, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Hallelujah and Christmas Calypso.
They sung in unison, in multiple parts and there were solos sung by a few of the girls.
Judges said their confidence, beautiful voices and their very professional look, led them to the cup for Best Performance which was well deserved.
You may also want to watch:
The two other categories were Best Choir and Best Costume.
Music teacher Alejandro Lopez said: “There were so many amazing comments on how well the choir sang and how professional they looked. We are so proud of the children, they worked so hard to do their best and it paid off. It means so much to them to win.”
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium