Primary school in Harlesden proposes permanent annex in Neasden
- Credit: Archant
A popular primary school in Harlesden that tackled a shortage of places by expanding its classrooms to a building in Neasden is proposing to make the arrangement permanent.
Leopold School in Hawkshead Road, took over the disused Gwenneth Rickus Building in Brentfield Road, in 2013.
Brent Council have launched a public consultation seeking views from residents about plans for the school to split over two sites for good.
If it is given the green light, the permanent expansion would provide an extra 60 places in each year group totalling 420.
The total number of places at the school, which also has a 60-place nursery, will increase to 840.
In its last inspection by education watchdog Ofsted the school was graded ‘good’.
Cllr Ruth Moher, Brent Council’s lead member for children and young people, said: “It’s very important that everyone in the community as well as parents and school staff has their say about the proposals and use this opportunity to say what they think about our proposals for the school.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 5 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 6 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
“Like many London boroughs we are facing a growing demand for primary school places because of the borough’s growing population and growing numbers of school-age children. That’s why we’re proposing expanding the number of places at Leopold Primary as we have done at a number of other schools.”
To have your say visit here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is midnight on June 19.