Police called after boy, 11, takes knife into primary school in Cricklewood
PUBLISHED: 17:22 19 March 2014 | UPDATED: 17:45 19 March 2014
Police were called to a primary school in Cricklewood after an 11-year-old boy took a kitchen knife into his class.
Officers were called to Mora Primary School in Mora Road, after the youngster showed other pupils the three-and-half-inch blade at the bottom of his bag.
The boy’s mother was alerted and her son was cautioned and questioned by officers in her presence.
He was suspended, referred to the Youth Offending Team and social services have been called in to work with his family.
The incident happened on March 5 but parents were not told until last week when the school’s head teacher Nicola Denton sent a letter out.
The Times has seen the letter in which she says: “The case has since attracted the attention of the media so you may see some coverage over the next few days.”
An angry parent, who wishes to remain anonymous, has accused the school of a cover up.
She said: “The school did not notify the parents and tried to keep it quiet until the press found out.
“As a parent I am very concerned about the welfare of my children at the school as the boy has returned to school today.”
A spokesman for Brent Council confirmed they were aware of the incident.
He added: “The case has been referred to Brent Council social services and whilst we do not comment on individual cases involving children, we can confirm we will be carrying out an assessment and will be in touch with the family.”
A police spokesman told the Times they were working with the school and social services.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.