Parents left in limbo with sudden closure of Willesden nursery
- Credit: Archant
Parents have been left in limbo after a nursery in Willesden closed suddenly this afternoon amid claims of an unpaid invoice to education watchdog Ofsted.
Treetops Nursery in Doyle Gardens, called parents and asked them to pick up their young children but were unable to tell them when they would reopen.
The Times understands Ofsted ordered the immediate closure because of an unpaid invoice and subsequent payment will take 48 hours to process.
One grandmother, who was forced to make a journey from Buckinghamshire to collect her grandson, said: “They were told to pay for an invoice which they never received. I understand they offered to pay for it this morning but Ofsted ordered immediate closure.”
She added: “It’s super that nursery, it’s fantastic, my grandson is so happy. It’s such a shame they have been put in that position.”
You may also want to watch:
Another grandmother, who didn’t wish to be named, added: “The nursery offered to pay it this morning when Ofsted got in touch but Ofsted told them no as it will take 48 hours to process the payment.
“This will be a real headache for parents, it’s going to mess everyone up.”
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker
She said there were “hopes” it would re-open on Monday.
Brent Council sold the pre-school to private owners in 2012.
Parents pay a daily rate of £54 and a weekly rate of £210 for under-threes and £200 for over-threes.
A spokesman for Brent Council said: “Brent Council has been routinely informed by Ofsted that they have de-registered Treetops Nursery in Willesden and that the nursery will be closed for at least 48 hours.
“We understand that the nursery operators are communicating directly with parents.
Treetops is an independently run nursery, so the council has no direct role in relation to this matter.
“Any further enquiries should be directed to the nursery operators.”
Staff at the nursery declined to comment.
Ofsted failed to provide a comment.