Nursery in Kensal Rise holds its very first summer fete
- Credit: Archant
It was dry skies for a nursery in Kensal Rise as held its very first summer fete.
Parents got together to orgnanise the fundraiser at College Green Nursery in College Road, to help pay for a new art centre.
Young pupils had their face painted, made badges and clambered onto a fire engine which stood in their field for a while.
There were also farm animals and pupils from nearby schools were invited to attend.
Wendy Yianni, headteacher, said: “It was a huge success. It was our first summer fair organised by the parents as we’re fundraising for a bespoke art area which we are building at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“We are putting in an indoor sandpit and water feature and will be completed by September.
“We invited all the local schools and they were very helpful. Princess Frederica Primary School in Kensal Rise, provided a gazebo in case it rained,”
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 5 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 6 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley