Nursery in Kensal Rise holds its very first summer fete
- Credit: Archant
It was dry skies for a nursery in Kensal Rise as held its very first summer fete.
Parents got together to orgnanise the fundraiser at College Green Nursery in College Road, to help pay for a new art centre.
Young pupils had their face painted, made badges and clambered onto a fire engine which stood in their field for a while.
There were also farm animals and pupils from nearby schools were invited to attend.
Wendy Yianni, headteacher, said: “It was a huge success. It was our first summer fair organised by the parents as we’re fundraising for a bespoke art area which we are building at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“We are putting in an indoor sandpit and water feature and will be completed by September.
“We invited all the local schools and they were very helpful. Princess Frederica Primary School in Kensal Rise, provided a gazebo in case it rained,”
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants