New primary school, 4,000 more homes and seven-acre park proposed for Wembley Park
- Credit: Archant
A new three-form entry primary school, thousands more homes and a seven-acre park are planned for the remaining land that is being regenerated in Wembley Park.
In addition up to 1.5m sq ft of commercial space is being rolled out on the space by developers Quintain.
An exhibition showcasing the plans will open tomorrow to allow the public to comment on the update designs based on feedback from the first consultation in June.
James Saunders, Quintain’s chief operating officer, said: “We are inviting the public to come and see our exciting proposals for Wembley, an area which is fast becoming one of London’s new vibrant neighbourhoods.
“The comments we received from the initial consultation in June are encouraging and have informed our designs which have progressed over the last few months.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to continuing our investment in Wembley Park long into the future.”
The £3.4billion regeneration project on the 85-acre site has to date delivered a 350,000sq ft London Designer Outlet, a four-start Hilton hotel, the Brent Civic Centre, student accommodation boasting 600 shared apartments/studios, a new market and 525 new homes including 285 affordable apartments.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 5 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
The exhibition will take place in the Yellow Pavilion off Olympic Way, Wembley Park, tomorrow from 3pm-7pm; Saturday 12 pm-4pm; Sunday 12pm-4pm; Monday 11am-7pm and Tuesday 3pm-7pm.