New primary free school to open in former college campus in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A primary free school has announced it will be open on the site of a former college campus in Kilburn.
Kilburn Grange School, which was formerly called Kilburn Free Primary School, will be based at the building in Priory Park Road, which was previously home to the College of North West London.
Last month the school was given government approval to open in September next year.
The two-form non-denominational school, run by the Bellevue Place Education Trust (BPET), will offer a total of 420 places.
BPET currently operates nine private prep schools, a leading school services, education advisory and project management company.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Delaney, BPET chair said: “We are thrilled with the building that has been secured for Kilburn Grange School and we’re also looking forward to exploring the various outdoor learning opportunities available in the nearby Kilburn Grange Park.
“Our ambition is to be nothing less than excellent in all that we do, and also to set Kilburn Grange School at the heart of the community it serves.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 3 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
“We will create an excellent learning environment to ensure that all pupils reach their full potential.”
BEPT has launched a consultation about its proposals and is holding drop-in events on July 16 from 1pm to 3pm and on September 8 from 6pm to 8pm at Kingsgate Community Centre in Kingsgate Road, Kilburn.
The school has also set up a consultation area on its website which you can view by visiting www.kilburngrangeschool.org.uk.
The consultation period ends on September 16 at noon.
Ms Delaney added: “Kilburn Grange School has been set up in response to local support for our proposals and to help meet the need for more primary school places. “We hope to meet many members of the local community at our consultation events and hear their views. “Together, we will create an excellent local school that fulfils local needs.”
The building, which was closed by CNWL in 2010, will be a temporary home for Marylebone Boys’ School, a free school which plans to open in September.
Related Links: New free primary school to open in Kilburn next year