New free primary school to open in Kilburn next year
- Credit: Archant
The government has given approval for a free primary school to open in Kilburn next year.
The hunt is now on to find a site for the aptly-named Kilburn Free Primary School which will provide 420 places from September 2015.
The two-form non-denominational school will be run by the Bellevue Place Education, which currently manages nine private prep schools, and education consultancy and school services provider and Place Group.
Claire Delaney, chairwoman of Bellevue Place Education Trust, said: “This is the first milestone in the journey to a successful opening in September 2015 as it means that we are now able to progress our plans with the Department for Education and the Education Funding Agency.
“While there is a great deal of work still to be done, our team has significant experience in opening and running schools and we are looking forward to the challenges and exciting times that lie ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be working closely with the local authority and also the Education Funding Agency to secure a suitable site and we hope to make a further announcement shortly.”
The school is one of 17 in London whose funding was agreed by the Department for Education last week.
For more information about the school visit here.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 4 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 5 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 6 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 9 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre