New free primary school planned for Alperton will open in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
A new free school planned for Alperton will now open in September in Colindale.
Floreat Colindale Primary School will initially be based in temporary accommodation before moving into a new development in Edgware Road, which was formerly the Oriental City shopping centre.
It plans to move to its permanent base in 2018.
Managed by Floreat Education Academies Trust, the school will be available for up to two-form entry initially.
Janet Hilary, Floreat CEO, said: “We are very excited that Brent Council has been able to secure us such a fantastic site in Colindale.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that those parents who have already signed up to our school in Alperton and love what we do would consider joining us in Colindale.”
The trust was set up in 2013 by Lord O’Shaughnessy and opened two schools in Brentford and Wandsworth.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
It also plans to open two other schools in Southall and Wokingham this September.
The trust’s schools claim to combine a rigorous academic curriculum with formally taught character education that aims to help develop children’s minds and morals.
For more information about the new school in Colindale visit floreat.org.uk/colindale.