New free primary school planned for Alperton will open in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
A new free school planned for Alperton will now open in September in Colindale.
Floreat Colindale Primary School will initially be based in temporary accommodation before moving into a new development in Edgware Road, which was formerly the Oriental City shopping centre.
It plans to move to its permanent base in 2018.
Managed by Floreat Education Academies Trust, the school will be available for up to two-form entry initially.
Janet Hilary, Floreat CEO, said: “We are very excited that Brent Council has been able to secure us such a fantastic site in Colindale.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that those parents who have already signed up to our school in Alperton and love what we do would consider joining us in Colindale.”
The trust was set up in 2013 by Lord O’Shaughnessy and opened two schools in Brentford and Wandsworth.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
It also plans to open two other schools in Southall and Wokingham this September.
The trust’s schools claim to combine a rigorous academic curriculum with formally taught character education that aims to help develop children’s minds and morals.
For more information about the new school in Colindale visit floreat.org.uk/colindale.