National strike hits council run services
Several centres in the borough are closed today
Various council services across the borough have fallen foul of strike action which has already seen 70 per cent of schools shut for the day.
The Right Track project in Harlesden will be closed throughout the day.
The centre based in Longstone Road offers educational guidance to children and young people who’ve been suspended and who are at risk of being expelled.
Three council centres are also shut, these are: Ashley Gardens,, Willow Children’s Centre in Barnhill Road and Poplar Grove Centre, all in Wembley.
You may also want to watch:
The weekly Duke of Edinburgh session at Poplar Grove in Wembley, which is scheduled between 7.30 and 9.30pm has also been cancelled.
In addition, Mosaic in Kilburn, a centre for Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender youths is closed.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 Teenager who murdered beloved sisters in Kingsbury park jailed for life
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 Halloween: Squid Game in Wembley Park (minus bloodshed)
- 5 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 6 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 7 Covid: Northwick Park Hospital in need of booster vaccine volunteers
- 8 Mother of murdered sisters pledges jailed teenage killer 'will not be let out'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
Public Sector workers are striking throughout the country in response to governmental plans to increase the age that workers are entitled to a full pension to 68.This morning, more than 300 protestors gathered outside the Torch Pub in Bridge Road Wembley before marching to Central London.
Staff at North West London Hospital Trust also staged a walk out outside Central Middlesex and Northwick Park Hospitals.
There are also minor issues occurring in other children’s centres and Brent’s one stop service is operating but with reduced staff.
However, the borough’s sports centres, parks, libraries and recycling and waste collection are all operating a normal service.