Marylebone Boys’ School to relocate to Paddington Basin
- Credit: Archant
A free school that has temporarily opened in Kilburn has announced a permanent site in the heart of Paddington.
Marylebone Boys’ School will move to Paddington Basin in 2017 as part of the multi-million development which include 190 new homes, a quarter of which will be affordable, and the relocation of a Pentecostal church.
The school opened last September in the former College of North West London campus, after it failed to find a suitable home in Westminster.
Since then the school has been working with Westminster Council and the Education Funding Agency to in find a new permanent site.
Richard Ardron, headteacher, said: “We are delighted that Westminster City Council and the Education Funding Agency have worked tirelessly to secure a first class site for the school and we look forward to working in partnership with them as they build our new school. The new purpose-built premises will enable us to build a long-term future for pupils in Westminster.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Philippa Roe, council leader, added: “The school will add to the already excellent education facilities that Westminster offers, providing a high-quality learning environment for local pupils and helping to meet the future need for secondary school places.
“In addition to providing for local pupils, this scheme will also contribute to the wider regeneration of Paddington Basin, which is fast becoming a thriving destination in its own right.”
For more information about Marylebone Boys’ School visit maryleboneschool.org.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!