Marylebone Boys’ School to relocate to Paddington Basin
- Credit: Archant
A free school that has temporarily opened in Kilburn has announced a permanent site in the heart of Paddington.
Marylebone Boys’ School will move to Paddington Basin in 2017 as part of the multi-million development which include 190 new homes, a quarter of which will be affordable, and the relocation of a Pentecostal church.
The school opened last September in the former College of North West London campus, after it failed to find a suitable home in Westminster.
Since then the school has been working with Westminster Council and the Education Funding Agency to in find a new permanent site.
Richard Ardron, headteacher, said: “We are delighted that Westminster City Council and the Education Funding Agency have worked tirelessly to secure a first class site for the school and we look forward to working in partnership with them as they build our new school. The new purpose-built premises will enable us to build a long-term future for pupils in Westminster.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Philippa Roe, council leader, added: “The school will add to the already excellent education facilities that Westminster offers, providing a high-quality learning environment for local pupils and helping to meet the future need for secondary school places.
“In addition to providing for local pupils, this scheme will also contribute to the wider regeneration of Paddington Basin, which is fast becoming a thriving destination in its own right.”
For more information about Marylebone Boys’ School visit maryleboneschool.org.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai