Kingsbury student scoops school competition by scuba diving while she reads
Yvonne Ivanov awarded her prize by children’s author Tim Collins
Reading whilst scuba diving sounds tricky but one schoolgirl scooped a school competition by managing to do so.
Yvonne Ivanov was crowned the winner of a reading competition set by St Robert Southwell RC Primary School in Slough Lane, Kingsbury, over the summer holidays.
Pupils were asked to take photographs of themselves reading in unusual places as a summer challenge.
The nine-year-old’s winning snapshot showed her reading while scuba diving in Bulgaria.
Other submitted photographs included youngsters reading n front of the Statue of Liberty in America, in the cockpit of a 747 Jumbo Jet and even whilst water zorbing!
Yvonne was given her prize of book tokens by children’s author Tim Collins who visited the school this week to mark the school’s Book Fair week.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 6 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 7 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 8 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting