Kingsbury student scoops school competition by scuba diving while she reads
Yvonne Ivanov awarded her prize by children’s author Tim Collins
Reading whilst scuba diving sounds tricky but one schoolgirl scooped a school competition by managing to do so.
Yvonne Ivanov was crowned the winner of a reading competition set by St Robert Southwell RC Primary School in Slough Lane, Kingsbury, over the summer holidays.
Pupils were asked to take photographs of themselves reading in unusual places as a summer challenge.
The nine-year-old’s winning snapshot showed her reading while scuba diving in Bulgaria.
You may also want to watch:
Other submitted photographs included youngsters reading n front of the Statue of Liberty in America, in the cockpit of a 747 Jumbo Jet and even whilst water zorbing!
Yvonne was given her prize of book tokens by children’s author Tim Collins who visited the school this week to mark the school’s Book Fair week.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 4 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 5 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 6 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 7 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 8 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal