Kingsbury student scoops school competition by scuba diving while she reads
Yvonne Ivanov awarded her prize by children’s author Tim Collins
Reading whilst scuba diving sounds tricky but one schoolgirl scooped a school competition by managing to do so.
Yvonne Ivanov was crowned the winner of a reading competition set by St Robert Southwell RC Primary School in Slough Lane, Kingsbury, over the summer holidays.
Pupils were asked to take photographs of themselves reading in unusual places as a summer challenge.
The nine-year-old’s winning snapshot showed her reading while scuba diving in Bulgaria.
You may also want to watch:
Other submitted photographs included youngsters reading n front of the Statue of Liberty in America, in the cockpit of a 747 Jumbo Jet and even whilst water zorbing!
Yvonne was given her prize of book tokens by children’s author Tim Collins who visited the school this week to mark the school’s Book Fair week.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates