Kingsbury student scoops school competition by scuba diving while she reads
Yvonne Ivanov awarded her prize by children’s author Tim Collins
Reading whilst scuba diving sounds tricky but one schoolgirl scooped a school competition by managing to do so.
Yvonne Ivanov was crowned the winner of a reading competition set by St Robert Southwell RC Primary School in Slough Lane, Kingsbury, over the summer holidays.
Pupils were asked to take photographs of themselves reading in unusual places as a summer challenge.
The nine-year-old’s winning snapshot showed her reading while scuba diving in Bulgaria.
You may also want to watch:
Other submitted photographs included youngsters reading n front of the Statue of Liberty in America, in the cockpit of a 747 Jumbo Jet and even whilst water zorbing!
Yvonne was given her prize of book tokens by children’s author Tim Collins who visited the school this week to mark the school’s Book Fair week.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 7 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 10 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard