Kingsbury High School sport leaders help other Brent kids to enjoy day of kwik cricket and relay races
- Credit: Archant
Schoolkids from across Brent whacked cricket balls, ran relay races and took part in hockey as part of a sports day.
More than 100 Year 4 and Year 5 pupils took part in the ASDA Active Sports Day in Edgware.
Children from St Robert Southwell Catholic Primary School in Slough Lane, Kingsbury; Roe Green Junior Primary School in Princes Avenue, Kingsbury; Anson Primary School in Anson Road, Cricklewood; St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School in Goodson Road, Willesden and Wembley Primary School in East Lane, Wembley, were all involved.
The fun programme was put on by the supermarket along with Sports Leaders UK, a charity which works to give young people qualifications and leadership skills.
Thirty Sport Leaders from Kingsbury High School in Princes Avenue, Kingsbury, planned and ran the day’s activities which included kwik cricket, a high-speed version of the game using a plastic bat and ball, and relay races.
They all competed at Burnt Oak Leisure Centre on Monday.
Jeremy Waxman, headteacher at Kingsbury High School, said: “Sports leadership is a vibrant and important part of the life of our school.
- 1 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 2 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 3 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 4 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 5 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 6 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 7 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 8 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 9 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 10 London among areas where drought is declared
“We are proud to be have been identified as a leadership academy by Sports Leaders UK and are keen to work with local partners to benefit the students and the wider community.”
The charity trains and supports more than 100,000 volunteers a year.