Kilburn school scores top marks for inclusion
Kingsgate Primary School were given the accolade months after being rated outstanding by Ofsted
A Kilburn primary school which teaches pupils from some of the most deprived parts of the area has scored top marks for its inclusion policies.
Kingsgate Primary School, in Kingsgate Road, Kilburn, was given the new Camden Award for Inclusion, for the way it includes every child and succeeds in removing barriers to their progress, achievement and wellbeing.
The award comes at the end of a very successful year for the school, which was given outstanding status by the government inspectorate Ofsted.
Headteacher Liz Hayward said: “Our school’s aim is that all our children achieve well academically and we go the extra mile to make sure that no child gets left behind or left out.”
You may also want to watch:
For the majority of pupils at the school English is their second language, and more than half are eligible for free school meals – a key indicator of child poverty.
Cllr Larraine Revah, cabinet member for children, said: “Kingsgate works so well because pupils, staff and parents work so well together. Schools are about every single child. This award recognises your hard work, energy and commitment.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
“Staff go out of their way to listen to children and their parents and make sure that each pupil has the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential.”