Kilburn primary school celebrates its cultural diversity
Pupils performed dances inspired by their cultural heritage
Children enjoyed a night filled with traditional dances and international cuisine as their school celebrated its international evening.
The annual festivities are put on by Beckford Primary School, in Dornfell Street, Kilburn, and celebrate the multiculturalism on show in the area.
Assistant headteacher Emma Brown said: “Parents, families and friends all come and enjoy the performances which originate from all over the world.
“The event has been going on for years and it is one of the most important in our calendar. It is about bringing the entire school together and celebrating our diversity.
“At Beckford we have something like 39 languages spoken. It is about representing that and our pride at being part of such a multi cultural community.”
Pupils perform in dances inspired by their cultures and in the evening the whole school settles down to eat dinner donated by parents who bring a dish from their home countries.
- 1 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 2 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 6 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 9 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
This year, the school is penning a recipe book of all the delicious dishes suggested by pupils and their families.