Kilburn primary school celebrates its cultural diversity
Pupils performed dances inspired by their cultural heritage
Children enjoyed a night filled with traditional dances and international cuisine as their school celebrated its international evening.
The annual festivities are put on by Beckford Primary School, in Dornfell Street, Kilburn, and celebrate the multiculturalism on show in the area.
Assistant headteacher Emma Brown said: “Parents, families and friends all come and enjoy the performances which originate from all over the world.
“The event has been going on for years and it is one of the most important in our calendar. It is about bringing the entire school together and celebrating our diversity.
“At Beckford we have something like 39 languages spoken. It is about representing that and our pride at being part of such a multi cultural community.”
Pupils perform in dances inspired by their cultures and in the evening the whole school settles down to eat dinner donated by parents who bring a dish from their home countries.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
This year, the school is penning a recipe book of all the delicious dishes suggested by pupils and their families.