Kilburn primary school celebrates its cultural diversity
Pupils performed dances inspired by their cultural heritage
Children enjoyed a night filled with traditional dances and international cuisine as their school celebrated its international evening.
The annual festivities are put on by Beckford Primary School, in Dornfell Street, Kilburn, and celebrate the multiculturalism on show in the area.
Assistant headteacher Emma Brown said: “Parents, families and friends all come and enjoy the performances which originate from all over the world.
“The event has been going on for years and it is one of the most important in our calendar. It is about bringing the entire school together and celebrating our diversity.
You may also want to watch:
“At Beckford we have something like 39 languages spoken. It is about representing that and our pride at being part of such a multi cultural community.”
Pupils perform in dances inspired by their cultures and in the evening the whole school settles down to eat dinner donated by parents who bring a dish from their home countries.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
This year, the school is penning a recipe book of all the delicious dishes suggested by pupils and their families.