Kilburn Grange Primary School looking to future after taking full control of four-floor building
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students at Kilburn Grange Primary School are looking to the future after taking full control of a four-floor building in Priory Park Road.
Since opening in 2015, the free school has been sharing facilities with Marylebone Boys School, a secondary that has now moved to a building on the corner of Brondesbury Park and Christchurch Avenue.
Access to the entire building will allow the school to grow to its full complement of 420 pupils by 2020, with building work taking place over the summer to equip the new site for nursery-age children.
The school plans to develop “bright, airy classrooms”, which are larger than average, as well as adding art, design and technology facilities.
Headteacher Helen Richardson said: “The partnership with Marylebone Boys School worked very well, particularly as some the older boys were mentors to our students.
You may also want to watch:
“However, the school is growing apace so it’s fantastic to have use of the entire building, which will allow us to continue our ambitious plans and offer a well-rounded educational experience.
“It will take time to establish ourselves in the community, but the reaction we have had so far from parents has been overwhelmingly positive.”
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
Chair of governors Mark Lowe added: “We have a really active governing body here who are enjoying the challenge of expanding a
The school is running regular tours for prospective parents every Wednesday afternoon and will be inviting in parents and the community for a formal opening in September.
To find out more visitkilburngrangeschool.org.uk.