Kilburn Grange Primary School looking to future after taking full control of four-floor building
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students at Kilburn Grange Primary School are looking to the future after taking full control of a four-floor building in Priory Park Road.
Since opening in 2015, the free school has been sharing facilities with Marylebone Boys School, a secondary that has now moved to a building on the corner of Brondesbury Park and Christchurch Avenue.
Access to the entire building will allow the school to grow to its full complement of 420 pupils by 2020, with building work taking place over the summer to equip the new site for nursery-age children.
The school plans to develop “bright, airy classrooms”, which are larger than average, as well as adding art, design and technology facilities.
Headteacher Helen Richardson said: “The partnership with Marylebone Boys School worked very well, particularly as some the older boys were mentors to our students.
You may also want to watch:
“However, the school is growing apace so it’s fantastic to have use of the entire building, which will allow us to continue our ambitious plans and offer a well-rounded educational experience.
“It will take time to establish ourselves in the community, but the reaction we have had so far from parents has been overwhelmingly positive.”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
Chair of governors Mark Lowe added: “We have a really active governing body here who are enjoying the challenge of expanding a
The school is running regular tours for prospective parents every Wednesday afternoon and will be inviting in parents and the community for a formal opening in September.
To find out more visitkilburngrangeschool.org.uk.