Kenton secondary school’s green credentials flies the flag for Brent
St Gregory’s Catholic Science College is given the Eco Schools Green Flag Award
A Kenton secondary school is flying the flag for the borough by becoming the first in Brent to achieve a prestigious green award.
St Gregory’s Catholic Science College in Donnington Road, is just one of five secondary state schools in London to be given the Eco Schools Green Flag Award.
In order to achieve the award, St Gregory’s had to achieve the Bronze and Silver Awards and show that they have accomplished significant and sustained impact in their school across a number of eco criteria such as minimising litter and waste, saving energy and embedding the ethos of “reduce, reuse, recycle” across its curriculum.
In addition, schools have to show major progress in one project area, which for St Gregory’s is their eco garden.
You may also want to watch:
On October 15, an Eco Schools assessor visited and was so impressed with pupils and staff that they were informed the following day that they had passed.
Andrew Prindiville, St Gregory’s headteacher, said: “Our whole school community is absolutely delighted to have achieved this award, which reflects the sustained hard work, commitment and support from pupils, staff and governors combined.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 7 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 8 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 9 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 10 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
“Our most immediate challenge now is to decide where to site the flag pole which will fly our Eco Schools Green Flag.”