Karen Buck MP visits primary school in Marylebone to award the winners of her Christmas card competition
- Credit: Archant
Budding artists at a primary school in Marylebone received a special visit from an MP after their dazzling designs won the annual competition to design her offical Christmas card.
Karen Buck, Labour MP for Westminster North, joined hundreds of parents and pupils for a special assembly at Christ Church Bentinck Church of England Primary School in Cosway Street, to present the awards after the children submitted a series of designs to the competition.
Year five pupil Fatima Osman, nine, received a first prize of book vouchers for her design of a nativity scene while year six pupil Harry Li, 10, won second prize for his colourful portrayal of the wise men.
Ms Buck said: “The only tough job was choosing which design to put on the front of my Christmas card out of so many great options. Well done to the children (and teachers) from Christchurch Bentinck school for taking part. I’m delighted with the result.”
School awards were also handed out for good behaviour, friendship and outstanding effort in class work while Ms Buck and parents were treated to a performance of Tchaikovksy’s Swan Lake by talented pianist Thaddeus, nine.
You may also want to watch:
Sandra Tyrell, the school’s head teacher, said: “It was a really lovely occasion.
“We were very lucky Karen Buck asked us to design her Eid and Christmas card designs again this year and that she was able to join us for our family assembly this week.”
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 3 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 4 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 5 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 6 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 7 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury