Karen Buck MP visits primary school in Marylebone to award the winners of her Christmas card competition
- Credit: Archant
Budding artists at a primary school in Marylebone received a special visit from an MP after their dazzling designs won the annual competition to design her offical Christmas card.
Karen Buck, Labour MP for Westminster North, joined hundreds of parents and pupils for a special assembly at Christ Church Bentinck Church of England Primary School in Cosway Street, to present the awards after the children submitted a series of designs to the competition.
Year five pupil Fatima Osman, nine, received a first prize of book vouchers for her design of a nativity scene while year six pupil Harry Li, 10, won second prize for his colourful portrayal of the wise men.
Ms Buck said: “The only tough job was choosing which design to put on the front of my Christmas card out of so many great options. Well done to the children (and teachers) from Christchurch Bentinck school for taking part. I’m delighted with the result.”
School awards were also handed out for good behaviour, friendship and outstanding effort in class work while Ms Buck and parents were treated to a performance of Tchaikovksy’s Swan Lake by talented pianist Thaddeus, nine.
You may also want to watch:
Sandra Tyrell, the school’s head teacher, said: “It was a really lovely occasion.
“We were very lucky Karen Buck asked us to design her Eid and Christmas card designs again this year and that she was able to join us for our family assembly this week.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final