Jay Sean receives Asian Music Award at Wembley Hilton
Eastenders actress Preeya Kalidas and BAFTA winning actor Adam Deacon among stars celebrating Jay’s work
The top stars of the UK Asian music scene descended upon Wembley last night to pay tribute to the work of R&B star Jay Sean.
The Hilton Hotel in Wembley was the location for the Lebara Mobile Asian Music Awards’ Evening which celebrated 10 years in the music industry for Jay.
The star – famed for the USA number one hit ‘Down’ - joined revelers at the hotel in Lakeside Way as he made a fleeting visit to the UK to pick up his ‘British Artist of the Decade’ award before having to fly off to entertain fans abroad.
Upon being given the award, Jay took part in a Q&A – hosted by BBC Asian Network’s Tommy Sandhu – and was later presented with the ‘British Artist of the Decade’ award by Richard Robertson, managing director of Lebara Mobile.
You may also want to watch:
Jay said: “I am truly honoured to receive this award. I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for some of my family and friends who are in the room tonight, so to receive it in front of them is really special.
“I want to say a big thank you to the Asian Music Awards for this memorable evening and for all their support over the years. And finally a big congratulations for 10 years of the Asian Music Awards.”
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
Mr Robertson, said: “This is a significant event for Lebara, not least as we have also recently celebrated our 10th anniversary.
“Celebrating 10 years of the Asian Music Awards with an artist who has won 15 awards over the last decade is a fantastic achievement.
“Jay Sean is a tremendous artist with a great personality, he has reached many milestones with his global achievements and he can now add this special award to the many AMAs he has already won.”
Other guests at swanky party included Eastenders actress and singer Preeya Kalidas, BAFTA award winning actor Adam Deacon, ‘Bend It Like Beckham’ actor Ameet Chana, Punjabi singers Juggy D and H-Dhami and rising British Asian stars such as Shide Boss and Arjun.
The Lebara Mobile Asian Music Awards celebrate their 10th Anniversary on October 25 at Wembley Arena.
Voting for all categories is open to the public at www.theukama.com and will close on Sunday October 14.