Jay Sean receives Asian Music Award at Wembley Hilton
Eastenders actress Preeya Kalidas and BAFTA winning actor Adam Deacon among stars celebrating Jay’s work
The top stars of the UK Asian music scene descended upon Wembley last night to pay tribute to the work of R&B star Jay Sean.
The Hilton Hotel in Wembley was the location for the Lebara Mobile Asian Music Awards’ Evening which celebrated 10 years in the music industry for Jay.
The star – famed for the USA number one hit ‘Down’ - joined revelers at the hotel in Lakeside Way as he made a fleeting visit to the UK to pick up his ‘British Artist of the Decade’ award before having to fly off to entertain fans abroad.
Upon being given the award, Jay took part in a Q&A – hosted by BBC Asian Network’s Tommy Sandhu – and was later presented with the ‘British Artist of the Decade’ award by Richard Robertson, managing director of Lebara Mobile.
You may also want to watch:
Jay said: “I am truly honoured to receive this award. I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for some of my family and friends who are in the room tonight, so to receive it in front of them is really special.
“I want to say a big thank you to the Asian Music Awards for this memorable evening and for all their support over the years. And finally a big congratulations for 10 years of the Asian Music Awards.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
Mr Robertson, said: “This is a significant event for Lebara, not least as we have also recently celebrated our 10th anniversary.
“Celebrating 10 years of the Asian Music Awards with an artist who has won 15 awards over the last decade is a fantastic achievement.
“Jay Sean is a tremendous artist with a great personality, he has reached many milestones with his global achievements and he can now add this special award to the many AMAs he has already won.”
Other guests at swanky party included Eastenders actress and singer Preeya Kalidas, BAFTA award winning actor Adam Deacon, ‘Bend It Like Beckham’ actor Ameet Chana, Punjabi singers Juggy D and H-Dhami and rising British Asian stars such as Shide Boss and Arjun.
The Lebara Mobile Asian Music Awards celebrate their 10th Anniversary on October 25 at Wembley Arena.
Voting for all categories is open to the public at www.theukama.com and will close on Sunday October 14.