Hip hop star and DJ help launch social media project at Willesden college
- Credit: Archant
A renowned DJ and author and a MOBO Award winner and TV presenter attended a Willesden college for the launch a social media project.
Lindsay Wesker and Phoebe One, a previous MOBO winner for ‘Best Hip Hop Act’ were at the College of North West London (CNWL), in Dudden Hill Lane, to take part in the launch of ‘Digital Hill’, a media brand created by students focusing on digital communications and social media in the workplace.
In a joint partnership between CNWL and the Press Association, students learnt about the crucial role websites play in finding work and the the importance of creating a digital presence.
Lindsay Wesker, the son of eminent playwright Arnold Wesker, said: “Kids are really lucky to have courses like this today. They didn’t exist when I was that age, so it’s a really great start for them. I hope they take full advantage of it.”
He added: “I live in Harlesden and my wife taught at this college. The co-author of my book, Dave VJ, also lived on Denzil Road, so I feel I have huge ties with the college.”
You may also want to watch:
Gos Malone, 26, an electronics student from Kilburn won a copy of Wesker’s book ‘The Rise and Rise of Underground Radio - a history of British black music radio.’
Phoebe One, Hip hop star, DJ and TV presenter, said: “This event is an incredible idea. It’s a great chance for students to ask questions and learn - a big round of applause for all the students who put this together.”
- 1 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 10 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town