Hairdressing students from Wembley college are a cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Sairah Asghar and Agnesa Restelica scoop silver in industry award
Two hairdressing students have proven they are a cut above the rest after winning second place in an industry contest.
Sairah Asghar, 34, from Edgware and Agnesa Restelica, 17, from Willesden, who are studying at the Wembley campus of the College of North West London (CNWL), scooped silver in the bridal category of the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists (AHT) competition.
The pair were judged on their make-up and hairdressing skills
Ms Asghar said: “We couldn’t believe it when our names were called out. It was fantastic to be part of the competition and come home with second place. We can’t wait until the competition next year now!”
You may also want to watch:
Peter Stonebanks, head of hairdressing at CNWL, said: “I am so proud of Sairah and Agnesa. They are both studying Level 1 hairdressing courses (basic level courses), so to win at a national level like this is a great accolade.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 10 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'