Grease is the word at Queens Park Community School
- Credit: Archant
Grease was the word as pupils from a secondary school in Brent performed sell-out shows over three days.
More than 100 students from Queens Park Community School in Aylestone Avenue, Brondesbury, wowed the crowds with their production of the musical “Grease” to see out the end of their spring term.
The performances, this week, included a black-tie gala evening and a special matinee show for pupils from Salusbury Primary School in Salusbury Road, Queen’s Park.
Year 13 student Ned Costello played Danny Zucco with Minnie Randle of the same year playing his sweetheart Sandra Dee.
Every year group in the school was represented and an orchestra remained on stage for the entire duration of the musical, elevated above the performance area.
You may also want to watch:
The huge project, which was started in June last year had headteacher Mike Hulme designing and building the set, and deputy head Caroline Eynon making the costumes. Other staff members were responsible for music, choreography, stage management, sound, graphics, publicity, ticket sales, make up, and backstage work.
Natalie Moore, head of drama and performance director, said: “It really is a team effort. We are truly a community school, and how lucky we are to have such a supportive leadership team at QPCS; it really is quite a unique thing to have a headteacher who designs and builds the set.”
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
She added: “The students have been dedicated – we are so proud and grateful to the commitment shown by them and their families.”