Governor-General of Grenada visits primary school in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
A dignitary from the Caribbean paid a visit to an outstanding primary school in Willesden yesterday.
Dame Cécile La Grenade, the Governor-General of Grenada, met pupils and staff at St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School in
The Governor-General is currently in London to visit the Queen where she will officially receive the prestigious honour of Dame Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George.
Joined by High Commissioner Joslyn Whiteman, both witnessed lessons, answered questions from children and explained their roles in serving the Queen, the Commonwealth and their Caribbean island.
You may also want to watch:
They also enjoyed the school’s annual art exhibition which all children from the nursery through to year six have contributed to, and enjoyed a recital which included a performance from year five pupils Millena who has passed a number of violin assessments and Thomas who is excelling in his piano exams.
The school was rated outstanding by Ofsted in their most recent inspection.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils