Governor-General of Grenada visits primary school in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
A dignitary from the Caribbean paid a visit to an outstanding primary school in Willesden yesterday.
Dame Cécile La Grenade, the Governor-General of Grenada, met pupils and staff at St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School in
The Governor-General is currently in London to visit the Queen where she will officially receive the prestigious honour of Dame Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George.
Joined by High Commissioner Joslyn Whiteman, both witnessed lessons, answered questions from children and explained their roles in serving the Queen, the Commonwealth and their Caribbean island.
You may also want to watch:
They also enjoyed the school’s annual art exhibition which all children from the nursery through to year six have contributed to, and enjoyed a recital which included a performance from year five pupils Millena who has passed a number of violin assessments and Thomas who is excelling in his piano exams.
The school was rated outstanding by Ofsted in their most recent inspection.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants