Governor-General of Grenada visits primary school in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
A dignitary from the Caribbean paid a visit to an outstanding primary school in Willesden yesterday.
Dame Cécile La Grenade, the Governor-General of Grenada, met pupils and staff at St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School in
The Governor-General is currently in London to visit the Queen where she will officially receive the prestigious honour of Dame Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George.
Joined by High Commissioner Joslyn Whiteman, both witnessed lessons, answered questions from children and explained their roles in serving the Queen, the Commonwealth and their Caribbean island.
You may also want to watch:
They also enjoyed the school’s annual art exhibition which all children from the nursery through to year six have contributed to, and enjoyed a recital which included a performance from year five pupils Millena who has passed a number of violin assessments and Thomas who is excelling in his piano exams.
The school was rated outstanding by Ofsted in their most recent inspection.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods