Gold Club status for three schools in Brent
- Credit: Getty Images
Three secondary schools in Brent have been given an accolade by the Mayor of London for their academic success with disadvantaged pupils.
Kingsbury High School in Princes Avenue, Kingsbury, St Gregory RC High School in Donnington Road, Kenton and Wembley High Technology College in East Lane, north Wembley, have all been given Gold Club status by Boris Johnson.
Whitefield School in Claremont Road, Cricklewood, which is the borough of Barnet, was also given the status.
The status is awarded under a scheme to recognise exceptional schools in London as part of the Mayor’s drive to help drive up standards and raise attainment for all schoolchildren wherever they live in the capital and regardless of background.
The Gold Club recognises schools that are achieving academic success with all their pupils, in particular those from a disadvantaged background or affected by circumstances that could have an impact on their learning.
Almost 100 schools have been awarded the status this year.
Mr Johnson said: “Congratulations to all the schools that have been recognised by our Gold Club programme.
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 4 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
“There is no one size fits all approach to raising standards, but we hope other schools will be able to benefit as a result of seeing what others in the capital are doing to achieve academic excellence.”