GCSE results 2019: Ark Academy consolidates last year’s ‘exceptional results’
- Credit: Archant
A Wembley Park academy consolidated the “exceptional results” it achieved last year, said its head on GCSE results day.
Ark Academy pupils were "relieved", "astounded" and "ecstatic" as friends sat together chatting about their results.
Shukri Lloyd, 16, received six grade 9s, the highest score, three grade 8s, one 7 and a C in additional maths.
"I feel good," she said.
Her mum Khadra added: "I couldn't sleep the last two nights. I couldn't sleep worrying about her."
You may also want to watch:
Shukri is staying on at the school to do A-levels in English literature, maths and politics. "I want to be a lawyer." she said.
Angel Egbuche scored two 9s, an 8 and five 7s among her results. "I'm happy," she said. "I put in a lot of effort. Every day I made sure I was revising for at least two hours. I'm proud."
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 4 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 5 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 10 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
Principal Celia Smith said 75 per cent of pupils attained 4 to 9 grades and 50pc "got five strong passes".
"We got exceptional results last year and pretty much got the same this year," she added.