GCSE results 2019: Ark Academy consolidates last year’s ‘exceptional results’
- Credit: Archant
A Wembley Park academy consolidated the “exceptional results” it achieved last year, said its head on GCSE results day.
Ark Academy pupils were "relieved", "astounded" and "ecstatic" as friends sat together chatting about their results.
Shukri Lloyd, 16, received six grade 9s, the highest score, three grade 8s, one 7 and a C in additional maths.
"I feel good," she said.
Her mum Khadra added: "I couldn't sleep the last two nights. I couldn't sleep worrying about her."
You may also want to watch:
Shukri is staying on at the school to do A-levels in English literature, maths and politics. "I want to be a lawyer." she said.
Angel Egbuche scored two 9s, an 8 and five 7s among her results. "I'm happy," she said. "I put in a lot of effort. Every day I made sure I was revising for at least two hours. I'm proud."
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 5 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 6 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 7 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 8 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
Principal Celia Smith said 75 per cent of pupils attained 4 to 9 grades and 50pc "got five strong passes".
"We got exceptional results last year and pretty much got the same this year," she added.