GCSE results 2019: Brazilian girls among top scorers at Queen’s Park Community School
- Credit: Jonathan Goldberg
Foreign students at Queen’s Park Community School celebrated “remarkable achievements” in their GCSEs.
A trio of overseas students at Queen's Park Community School celebrated "remarkable achievements" in their GCSEs.
Leila Enoki, Ana Morales and Fernanda Pereira arrived in London from Brazil just two years ago and joined the Aylestone Avenue school's EAL programme.
Despite arriving in the UK never having learnt any English, Leila secured 11 GCSEs including four 9s and an A*. Fernanda and Ana both achieved a top grade of 8 with nine and 11 qualifications respectively.
Head Judith Enright said there were "lots of celebrations" at QPCS, adding 86.7pc of students passed English at grade 4 or above.
You may also want to watch:
More than one in 10 got top grades 8 or 9 in maths or English.
Harvey Wilson and friend Anisha both got seven 9s, two 8s, and a 7; and Dasharn Dennis got five 9s, three 8s and two 7s.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
Lola Jempji said: "The teachers are so supportive. It's their hard work plus our hard work that has allowed us to excel in all our subjects and we are so grateful."
Ms Enright said: "QPCS students' results are a celebration of the diversity of our community. The staff and students have worked really hard, as Lola said, and that has led to another set of excellent results."