GCSE results 2019: Brazilian girls among top scorers at Queen’s Park Community School
- Credit: Jonathan Goldberg
Foreign students at Queen’s Park Community School celebrated “remarkable achievements” in their GCSEs.
A trio of overseas students at Queen's Park Community School celebrated "remarkable achievements" in their GCSEs.
Leila Enoki, Ana Morales and Fernanda Pereira arrived in London from Brazil just two years ago and joined the Aylestone Avenue school's EAL programme.
Despite arriving in the UK never having learnt any English, Leila secured 11 GCSEs including four 9s and an A*. Fernanda and Ana both achieved a top grade of 8 with nine and 11 qualifications respectively.
Head Judith Enright said there were "lots of celebrations" at QPCS, adding 86.7pc of students passed English at grade 4 or above.
You may also want to watch:
More than one in 10 got top grades 8 or 9 in maths or English.
Harvey Wilson and friend Anisha both got seven 9s, two 8s, and a 7; and Dasharn Dennis got five 9s, three 8s and two 7s.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 6 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
Lola Jempji said: "The teachers are so supportive. It's their hard work plus our hard work that has allowed us to excel in all our subjects and we are so grateful."
Ms Enright said: "QPCS students' results are a celebration of the diversity of our community. The staff and students have worked really hard, as Lola said, and that has led to another set of excellent results."