GCSE results 2019: Convent of Jesus and Mary Language College celebrate ‘best ever’ results.
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at a Willesden girls’ school are celebrating their “best ever results”.
GCSE results at the Convent of Jesus and Mary Language College "surpassed expectations", its head said.
Record results were seen in RE where more than half the grades were 7 to 9,
Modern languages, the sciences, English and drama were also strong.
Congratulating students and staff Louise McGowan, headteacher, said: "It was a delight to see so many of the students open their results envelopes and witness the sheer expressions of shock and joy on their faces. They really have excelled this year and should feel very proud of themselves.
You may also want to watch:
"I certainly am proud of every one of my girls and of the incredible teaching and support staff we have at the Convent who dedicate themselves to the students every day."
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 10 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer