GCSE results 2019: Convent of Jesus and Mary Language College celebrate ‘best ever’ results.
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at a Willesden girls’ school are celebrating their “best ever results”.
GCSE results at the Convent of Jesus and Mary Language College "surpassed expectations", its head said.
Record results were seen in RE where more than half the grades were 7 to 9,
Modern languages, the sciences, English and drama were also strong.
Congratulating students and staff Louise McGowan, headteacher, said: "It was a delight to see so many of the students open their results envelopes and witness the sheer expressions of shock and joy on their faces. They really have excelled this year and should feel very proud of themselves.
You may also want to watch:
"I certainly am proud of every one of my girls and of the incredible teaching and support staff we have at the Convent who dedicate themselves to the students every day."
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Letter on Kilburn Square