GCSE results 2019: Convent of Jesus and Mary Language College celebrate ‘best ever’ results.
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at a Willesden girls’ school are celebrating their “best ever results”.
GCSE results at the Convent of Jesus and Mary Language College "surpassed expectations", its head said.
Record results were seen in RE where more than half the grades were 7 to 9,
Modern languages, the sciences, English and drama were also strong.
Congratulating students and staff Louise McGowan, headteacher, said: "It was a delight to see so many of the students open their results envelopes and witness the sheer expressions of shock and joy on their faces. They really have excelled this year and should feel very proud of themselves.
You may also want to watch:
"I certainly am proud of every one of my girls and of the incredible teaching and support staff we have at the Convent who dedicate themselves to the students every day."
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 6 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 7 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines