GCSE results 2019: Convent of Jesus and Mary Language College celebrate ‘best ever’ results.
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at a Willesden girls’ school are celebrating their “best ever results”.
GCSE results at the Convent of Jesus and Mary Language College "surpassed expectations", its head said.
Record results were seen in RE where more than half the grades were 7 to 9,
Modern languages, the sciences, English and drama were also strong.
Congratulating students and staff Louise McGowan, headteacher, said: "It was a delight to see so many of the students open their results envelopes and witness the sheer expressions of shock and joy on their faces. They really have excelled this year and should feel very proud of themselves.
You may also want to watch:
"I certainly am proud of every one of my girls and of the incredible teaching and support staff we have at the Convent who dedicate themselves to the students every day."
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat