Freerunning Parkour pioneer and James Bond actor Sébastian Fouca visits Brent college
- Credit: Archant
Freerunning Parkour pioneer and James Bond actor Sébastian Foucan visited a college in Brent where he gave an inspiration speech to students.
The 41-year-old talked about conquering your fears, overcoming adversity and remaining positive at the College of North West London’s Student Awards ceremony.
The annual event, held last week, recognises outstanding students who attend the college’s campuses in Willesden and Wembley.
More than 30 people received an award in a range of subjects from accountancy, beauty and IT to engineering, construction, plumbing and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages).
Amongst the winning students were girlfriend and boyfriend Hiezel Grace Mabalay, 19 from Willesden and Emmanuel Obella, 18, from Harlesden.
Miss Grace, won the prize for maths and accountancy student of the year and hopes to study finance and banking at university while Mr Obella won the prize for engineering student of the year.
The pair, both originally from the Philippines, met in the college library over a year ago and their relationship quickly blossomed.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
Miss Grace said: “It’s been a real pleasure studying here for the last two years and I feel very, very happy and blessed to have had this opportunity. All the teachers have been so lovely and friendly and helped me so much. It’s also been wonderful meeting Emanuel.
“We help and inspire each other and now our families have got to know each other too.”