Freerunning Parkour pioneer and James Bond actor Sébastian Fouca visits Brent college
- Credit: Archant
Freerunning Parkour pioneer and James Bond actor Sébastian Foucan visited a college in Brent where he gave an inspiration speech to students.
The 41-year-old talked about conquering your fears, overcoming adversity and remaining positive at the College of North West London’s Student Awards ceremony.
The annual event, held last week, recognises outstanding students who attend the college’s campuses in Willesden and Wembley.
More than 30 people received an award in a range of subjects from accountancy, beauty and IT to engineering, construction, plumbing and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages).
Amongst the winning students were girlfriend and boyfriend Hiezel Grace Mabalay, 19 from Willesden and Emmanuel Obella, 18, from Harlesden.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Grace, won the prize for maths and accountancy student of the year and hopes to study finance and banking at university while Mr Obella won the prize for engineering student of the year.
The pair, both originally from the Philippines, met in the college library over a year ago and their relationship quickly blossomed.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 9 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
Miss Grace said: “It’s been a real pleasure studying here for the last two years and I feel very, very happy and blessed to have had this opportunity. All the teachers have been so lovely and friendly and helped me so much. It’s also been wonderful meeting Emanuel.
“We help and inspire each other and now our families have got to know each other too.”