Free school to relocate from Kilburn to Paddington
- Credit: Archant
A free school that has temporarily opened in Kilburn has announced a permanent site in the heart of Paddington.
Marylebone Boys’ School will move to Paddington Basin in 2017 as part of the multi-million development which include 190 new homes, a quarter of which will be affordable, and the relocation of a Pentecostal church.
The school opened last September in the former College of North West London campus in Priory Park Road, after it failed to find a suitable home in Westminster.
Since then the school has been working with Westminster Council and the Education Funding Agency to in find a new permanent site.
Richard Ardron, headteacher, said: “We are delighted that Westminster City Council and the Education Funding Agency have worked tirelessly to secure a first class site for the school and we look forward to working in partnership with them as they build our new school. The new purpose-built premises will enable us to build a long-term future for pupils in Westminster.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Philippa Roe, council leader, added: “The school will add to the already excellent education facilities that Westminster offers, providing a high-quality learning environment for local pupils and helping to meet the future need for secondary school places.
“In addition to providing for local pupils, this scheme will also contribute to the wider regeneration of Paddington Basin, which is fast becoming a thriving destination in its own right.”
For more information about Marylebone Boys’ School visit maryleboneschool.org.
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker