Free school in Wembley due to open next year to host an open evening for families
- Credit: Archant
A free school which is due to open its doors next year is hosting an open evening for interested families.
Michaela Community School are inviting parents of year six pupils and their children to the event where they can meet teachers and find out more about their ethos on September 30.
The mixed non-denominational school is set to open at Arena House in North End Road, next September, for 11-18-year-olds.
Held at The Learning Zone at Wembley Stadium, families can choose from three time slots 4.15pm-5.15pm, 5.45pm-6.45pm or 7.15pm-8.15pm.
Katharine Birbalsingh, the school’s head teacher, said: “Our education will be academically rigorous. We will expect our pupils to be polite and obedient. We will encourage competition and allow our pupils to win and lose. We believe that knowledge about the world is central to our pupils’ success. Only when they have acquired that knowledge will they be ready to lead and participate as full citizens.”
You may also want to watch:
The first intake will consist of 120 year seven pupils, increasing by one year group each year.
At full capacity the school will have 840 children, including a sixth form.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
To guarantee your preferred time slot and register for free parking at Wembley Stadium visit www.mcsbrent.co.uk/events