Free school in Wembley due to open next year to host an open evening for families
- Credit: Archant
A free school which is due to open its doors next year is hosting an open evening for interested families.
Michaela Community School are inviting parents of year six pupils and their children to the event where they can meet teachers and find out more about their ethos on September 30.
The mixed non-denominational school is set to open at Arena House in North End Road, next September, for 11-18-year-olds.
Held at The Learning Zone at Wembley Stadium, families can choose from three time slots 4.15pm-5.15pm, 5.45pm-6.45pm or 7.15pm-8.15pm.
Katharine Birbalsingh, the school’s head teacher, said: “Our education will be academically rigorous. We will expect our pupils to be polite and obedient. We will encourage competition and allow our pupils to win and lose. We believe that knowledge about the world is central to our pupils’ success. Only when they have acquired that knowledge will they be ready to lead and participate as full citizens.”
You may also want to watch:
The first intake will consist of 120 year seven pupils, increasing by one year group each year.
At full capacity the school will have 840 children, including a sixth form.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
To guarantee your preferred time slot and register for free parking at Wembley Stadium visit www.mcsbrent.co.uk/events