Free school in Wembley due to open next year to host an open evening for families
- Credit: Archant
A free school which is due to open its doors next year is hosting an open evening for interested families.
Michaela Community School are inviting parents of year six pupils and their children to the event where they can meet teachers and find out more about their ethos on September 30.
The mixed non-denominational school is set to open at Arena House in North End Road, next September, for 11-18-year-olds.
Held at The Learning Zone at Wembley Stadium, families can choose from three time slots 4.15pm-5.15pm, 5.45pm-6.45pm or 7.15pm-8.15pm.
Katharine Birbalsingh, the school’s head teacher, said: “Our education will be academically rigorous. We will expect our pupils to be polite and obedient. We will encourage competition and allow our pupils to win and lose. We believe that knowledge about the world is central to our pupils’ success. Only when they have acquired that knowledge will they be ready to lead and participate as full citizens.”
The first intake will consist of 120 year seven pupils, increasing by one year group each year.
At full capacity the school will have 840 children, including a sixth form.
- 1 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 2 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 3 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 4 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 5 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 6 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 7 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 8 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 9 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 10 London among areas where drought is declared
To guarantee your preferred time slot and register for free parking at Wembley Stadium visit www.mcsbrent.co.uk/events