Free school for children living in Brent, Camden and Westminster calls for parents to support their bid
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A free school for children living in Brent, Camden and Westminster which plans to open in 2016 is urging parents to support their bid.
The West Hampstead International School needs 1,000 signatories from mums and dads of children aged seven to nine, or under the age of two, to help it gain government approval.
Supports of the school formed the NW6 School Campaign last year and brought together 54 children from 11 primaries across all three boroughs to create a promotional video.
Dr Clare Craig, the school’s campaign leader, said: “Last year was a very busy time for us. We focused on building our vision for The West Hampstead International School with the help of the local community and the excellent educators who are supporting our campaign.
“We identified five key qualities that will make the school a success, and have given them prominence on our website: .We want our school to be local, ambitious, creative, professional, and personal,” explained.”
You may also want to watch:
The school will open with two forms of entry at primary level, and six forms of entry at secondary level and aims to embrace an ambitious academic ethos.
Dr Craig added: “We really need your support to build a local, academically -focused community school in NW6, where there simply aren’t enough places for our children at the moment.”
- 1 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 6 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 7 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
For more information about the school and to view the promotional video, which will be available next month, visit http://www.westhampsteadinternational.org.