Free school for children living in Brent, Camden and Westminster calls for parents to support their bid
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A free school for children living in Brent, Camden and Westminster which plans to open in 2016 is urging parents to support their bid.
The West Hampstead International School needs 1,000 signatories from mums and dads of children aged seven to nine, or under the age of two, to help it gain government approval.
Supports of the school formed the NW6 School Campaign last year and brought together 54 children from 11 primaries across all three boroughs to create a promotional video.
Dr Clare Craig, the school’s campaign leader, said: “Last year was a very busy time for us. We focused on building our vision for The West Hampstead International School with the help of the local community and the excellent educators who are supporting our campaign.
“We identified five key qualities that will make the school a success, and have given them prominence on our website: .We want our school to be local, ambitious, creative, professional, and personal,” explained.”
You may also want to watch:
The school will open with two forms of entry at primary level, and six forms of entry at secondary level and aims to embrace an ambitious academic ethos.
Dr Craig added: “We really need your support to build a local, academically -focused community school in NW6, where there simply aren’t enough places for our children at the moment.”
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
For more information about the school and to view the promotional video, which will be available next month, visit http://www.westhampsteadinternational.org.