Free school for children living in Brent, Camden and Westminster calls for parents to support their bid
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A free school for children living in Brent, Camden and Westminster which plans to open in 2016 is urging parents to support their bid.
The West Hampstead International School needs 1,000 signatories from mums and dads of children aged seven to nine, or under the age of two, to help it gain government approval.
Supports of the school formed the NW6 School Campaign last year and brought together 54 children from 11 primaries across all three boroughs to create a promotional video.
Dr Clare Craig, the school’s campaign leader, said: “Last year was a very busy time for us. We focused on building our vision for The West Hampstead International School with the help of the local community and the excellent educators who are supporting our campaign.
“We identified five key qualities that will make the school a success, and have given them prominence on our website: .We want our school to be local, ambitious, creative, professional, and personal,” explained.”
You may also want to watch:
The school will open with two forms of entry at primary level, and six forms of entry at secondary level and aims to embrace an ambitious academic ethos.
Dr Craig added: “We really need your support to build a local, academically -focused community school in NW6, where there simply aren’t enough places for our children at the moment.”
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
For more information about the school and to view the promotional video, which will be available next month, visit http://www.westhampsteadinternational.org.