Former Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen visits Sudbury school
Writer read poetry to excited pupils
The former Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen popped into a Sudbury school to read poetry to pupil.
Michael Rosen, who grew up in neighbouring Harrow, read aloud to the children at Sudbury Primary School, in Watford Road, Sudbury, before taking a writing workshop.
At the end of the day, the lucky youngsters had their books signed and photos taken with the award winning children’s poet.
Teacher Andrea Bhowal said: “From the moment he arrived in the school, the day just seemed to be full of smiling faces and laughter from the children and teachers alike.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fantastic day.”
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies