Former Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen visits Sudbury school
Writer read poetry to excited pupils
The former Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen popped into a Sudbury school to read poetry to pupil.
Michael Rosen, who grew up in neighbouring Harrow, read aloud to the children at Sudbury Primary School, in Watford Road, Sudbury, before taking a writing workshop.
At the end of the day, the lucky youngsters had their books signed and photos taken with the award winning children’s poet.
Teacher Andrea Bhowal said: “From the moment he arrived in the school, the day just seemed to be full of smiling faces and laughter from the children and teachers alike.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fantastic day.”
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 6 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 7 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 8 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 9 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed