Former Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen visits Sudbury school
Writer read poetry to excited pupils
The former Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen popped into a Sudbury school to read poetry to pupil.
Michael Rosen, who grew up in neighbouring Harrow, read aloud to the children at Sudbury Primary School, in Watford Road, Sudbury, before taking a writing workshop.
At the end of the day, the lucky youngsters had their books signed and photos taken with the award winning children’s poet.
Teacher Andrea Bhowal said: “From the moment he arrived in the school, the day just seemed to be full of smiling faces and laughter from the children and teachers alike.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fantastic day.”
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 4 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 5 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 6 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 7 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 10 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today