Former Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen visits Sudbury school
Writer read poetry to excited pupils
The former Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen popped into a Sudbury school to read poetry to pupil.
Michael Rosen, who grew up in neighbouring Harrow, read aloud to the children at Sudbury Primary School, in Watford Road, Sudbury, before taking a writing workshop.
At the end of the day, the lucky youngsters had their books signed and photos taken with the award winning children’s poet.
Teacher Andrea Bhowal said: “From the moment he arrived in the school, the day just seemed to be full of smiling faces and laughter from the children and teachers alike.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fantastic day.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man