Former Chelsea footballer to donate minibus to Kingsbury school
Dennis Wise will hand over the keys to The Village School
A former Chelsea footballer will donate a brand new minibus to a Kingsbury school next week.
Dennis Wise will formally handover the keys to The Village School in Grove Park, before taking a tour of the new school under construction.
Mr Wise will be joined by Steve Frankham, Chairman of the Frankham Consultancy Group, the designers and architects behind the state-of-the-art new building.
The group are donating the minibus through their community fundraising arm, Dennis Wise in the Community.
Kay Johnson, the Village School’s headteacher, said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to Dennis Wise and Steve Frankham for their generosity. I think I speak for the whole school when I say we’re really looking forward to showing off our lovely new building to them at the presentation ceremony.
“We’re so thrilled to be given such a marvellous gift from Frankhams which will help our pupils and staff immeasurably for many years to come.”
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
The �29million school, which will be a centre of excellence for pupils with special educational needs, is due to be completed next summer.
It will accommodate 235 pupils, who are aged two to 19 years with complex learning difficulties and disabilities, and have a fully functioning sports hall and a specially adapted swimming pool.
It will also boast excellent music, dance and drama facilities and the latest IT and learning technology.