Former Chelsea footballer to donate minibus to Kingsbury school
Dennis Wise will hand over the keys to The Village School
A former Chelsea footballer will donate a brand new minibus to a Kingsbury school next week.
Dennis Wise will formally handover the keys to The Village School in Grove Park, before taking a tour of the new school under construction.
Mr Wise will be joined by Steve Frankham, Chairman of the Frankham Consultancy Group, the designers and architects behind the state-of-the-art new building.
The group are donating the minibus through their community fundraising arm, Dennis Wise in the Community.
You may also want to watch:
Kay Johnson, the Village School’s headteacher, said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to Dennis Wise and Steve Frankham for their generosity. I think I speak for the whole school when I say we’re really looking forward to showing off our lovely new building to them at the presentation ceremony.
“We’re so thrilled to be given such a marvellous gift from Frankhams which will help our pupils and staff immeasurably for many years to come.”
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
The �29million school, which will be a centre of excellence for pupils with special educational needs, is due to be completed next summer.
It will accommodate 235 pupils, who are aged two to 19 years with complex learning difficulties and disabilities, and have a fully functioning sports hall and a specially adapted swimming pool.
It will also boast excellent music, dance and drama facilities and the latest IT and learning technology.