Former Chelsea footballer to donate minibus to Kingsbury school
Dennis Wise will hand over the keys to The Village School
A former Chelsea footballer will donate a brand new minibus to a Kingsbury school next week.
Dennis Wise will formally handover the keys to The Village School in Grove Park, before taking a tour of the new school under construction.
Mr Wise will be joined by Steve Frankham, Chairman of the Frankham Consultancy Group, the designers and architects behind the state-of-the-art new building.
The group are donating the minibus through their community fundraising arm, Dennis Wise in the Community.
You may also want to watch:
Kay Johnson, the Village School’s headteacher, said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to Dennis Wise and Steve Frankham for their generosity. I think I speak for the whole school when I say we’re really looking forward to showing off our lovely new building to them at the presentation ceremony.
“We’re so thrilled to be given such a marvellous gift from Frankhams which will help our pupils and staff immeasurably for many years to come.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
The �29million school, which will be a centre of excellence for pupils with special educational needs, is due to be completed next summer.
It will accommodate 235 pupils, who are aged two to 19 years with complex learning difficulties and disabilities, and have a fully functioning sports hall and a specially adapted swimming pool.
It will also boast excellent music, dance and drama facilities and the latest IT and learning technology.