A-Level results 2019: Two ‘extraordinary’ Kenton pupils obtain eight A* and A grades between them
- Credit: Archant
Two “extraordinary young men” at a Kenton secondary school have obtained eight A* and A grades between them in their A-levels.
Henry Caushi is off to read maths at Cambridge University after getting A* and As in five A-levels.
His friend Kareem Omran obtained two A* and an A grade but completed them in record time - one year.
He is off to Kings College London to study medicine.
Both pupils attended Claremont High School, in Claremont Avenue.
Henry said: "The first thing I thought was wow, I'm going to Cambridge! It is going to be intense but really enjoyable. It's amazing!"
Christine Morris, associate assistant head, said: "It only takes a few moments with Henry Caushi and Kareem Omar to realise that they are extraordinary young men. In the year when fewer top grades have been awarded than at any time in the last 12 years, Henry and Kareem have 8 A* and A grades between them! A bright future awaits them both."
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 5 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 10 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
Head Nicola Hyde-Boughey said: "What an incredible achievement by both boys! We are extremely proud of all our students, and are delighted that so many have won places at top universities and medical schools."
A message on the school website read: "Congratulations to all our year 13 pupils for achieving fantastic A-Level and BTEC results this week."