Ex-Spurs player Ramon Vega plays goalie at school fete in Brondesbury
- Credit: Archant
With a former footballer playing goalie, a junior bake off, and a dog show competition a Brondesbury primary school’s village fete fundraiser got underway.
Retired Tottenham Hotspur player Ramon Vega put his boots back on to take part in the Malorees Junior Village Fete in Christchurch Avenue.
Pupils, parents and staff aimed to raise £5,000 out of a much needed £20,000 for a new playground for the primary school inviting the whole community to their event.
Multiple people joined a pianothon which played all afternoon to fundraise for the upkeep and insurance of the Steinway piano which is used by Brent Music.
Ramon Vega’s “beat the goalie” competition and the Maloree Talent Show had pupils in thrall.
A dog show with prizes for Waggiest Tail and Naughtiest Dog was a barking success and there were scores of entries for the Malorees Bake Off competition.
Chloe Pooley and Hannah Wijeratna, joint chairwomen of the Parents, Staff, Friends Association (PSFA) said: “The Malorees Juniors Village Fete was such a joyous occasion and a great success. The PSFA have been overwhelmed by the support shown in recognition of the hard work that goes into these school and community events. We are extremely privileged to be part of such a committed gang of thoughtful, helpful and creative parents and pupils. A
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 6 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 7 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 8 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
“lthough the total raised has not yet been finalised we are so much closer to providing the much needed playground equipment for our wonderful school”.