Eight secondary schools in Brent closed due to snow
- Credit: Archant
Eight secondary schools in Brent are closed today following harsh snow conditions at the weekend.
Pupils are enjoying a spontaneous day off after heavy snow on Sunday prompted head teachers in the borough to close their schools until Tuesday at the earliest.
Newman Catholic College, in Harlesden Road, tweeted: “Due to heavy snowfall in the NW10 area, further snowfall expected & freezing, icy conditions overnight Newman Catholic College will be closed for all Students and Staff on Monday 11th December. The welfare & safety of Students and Staff is paramount.”
It advised pupils to keep an eye on the school website.
Capital City Academy, nearby in Doyle Gardens, also sent a tweet to pupils, as did Queens Park Community School in Aylestone Avenue which advised that only year 13 pupils heading out on a geography field trip should come in.
You may also want to watch:
It said: “Due to bad weather QPCS will be closed tomorrow. Yr13 come in for Geog field trip as planned. QPCS reopens Tues.”
The six other schools are The Crest Academy in Crest Road, Neasden, Preston Manor School, in Carlton Avenue East, Wembley, and St Gregory’s Science College, in Donnington Road, Kenton, which are also due to reopen tomorrow.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 5 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 6 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 7 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
Kingsbury High School in Princes Avenue tweeted: “KHS will be closed to all students Mond 11th Dec due to unsafe icy conditions and further snow forecast through the day.
“Yr 11 trial exams set for Monday will be rescheduled. We plan to open again for all students on Tues 12th Dec. Keep checking the website for any updates.”
The Village School Grove Park which hosts a plethora of facilities for pupils with special needs aged between two and 19, is also closed.
Temperatures are expected to drop tonight to below -3 degrees, according to weather reports, causing icy conditions in the morning.