Dawn Butler joins Harlesden primary school's Macmillan Coffee Morning
- Credit: Newfield Primary School
Staff and pupils at a Harlesden primary were "delighted" to have their first face to face chat with their MP since the pandemic started.
Dawn Butler MP attended Newfield Primary School today (September 24) for their Macmillan Coffee morning.
Parents and pupils had baked and bought an array of cakes to raise money to fight cancer.
The MP had previously met with pupils via Teams, but she was able to meet the pupils in person and enjoy a guided tour of the school in Longstone Avenue.
Sarah Bolt, headteacher said: "After a long period of having no parents or visitors being welcomed into schools, this was a wonderful opportunity for the school community to come together."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We are so grateful that Dawn was able to visit Newfield as the children are learning about British values and democracy.
"I was able to share with her the amazing collaborative work between all Harlesden schools during lockdown and our intention to keep working together to achieve the best outcomes for our children.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 8 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 9 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
"Our pupils and parents were delighted to meet Dawn over coffee and cake raising money for a very deserving cause."