Dancers from a Cricklewood secondary school off to London Youth Games
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from a secondary school in Cricklewood have won gold by dancing their way to a top youth competition.
Students from Whitefield School in Claremont Road, will represent Barnet for the final of the London Youth Games next week at the Olympic Park.
The young performers beat off competition from around the borough to win first place in the level one KS3/KS4 mixed dance competition.
They each won gold medals after performing a contemporary dance which stunned judges.
Each dance routine was judged on concept, choreography, performance skill and overall impact.
You may also want to watch:
They will compete for the capital crown in the London Youth Games final at The Copperbox Arena at the Olympic Park on February 3rd.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 7 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police