Dancers from a Cricklewood secondary school off to London Youth Games
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from a secondary school in Cricklewood have won gold by dancing their way to a top youth competition.
Students from Whitefield School in Claremont Road, will represent Barnet for the final of the London Youth Games next week at the Olympic Park.
The young performers beat off competition from around the borough to win first place in the level one KS3/KS4 mixed dance competition.
They each won gold medals after performing a contemporary dance which stunned judges.
Each dance routine was judged on concept, choreography, performance skill and overall impact.
You may also want to watch:
They will compete for the capital crown in the London Youth Games final at The Copperbox Arena at the Olympic Park on February 3rd.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 5 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 6 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley