Dancers from a Cricklewood secondary school off to London Youth Games
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from a secondary school in Cricklewood have won gold by dancing their way to a top youth competition.
Students from Whitefield School in Claremont Road, will represent Barnet for the final of the London Youth Games next week at the Olympic Park.
The young performers beat off competition from around the borough to win first place in the level one KS3/KS4 mixed dance competition.
They each won gold medals after performing a contemporary dance which stunned judges.
Each dance routine was judged on concept, choreography, performance skill and overall impact.
They will compete for the capital crown in the London Youth Games final at The Copperbox Arena at the Olympic Park on February 3rd.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 6 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 7 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 8 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting