Dancers from a Cricklewood secondary school off to London Youth Games
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from a secondary school in Cricklewood have won gold by dancing their way to a top youth competition.
Students from Whitefield School in Claremont Road, will represent Barnet for the final of the London Youth Games next week at the Olympic Park.
The young performers beat off competition from around the borough to win first place in the level one KS3/KS4 mixed dance competition.
They each won gold medals after performing a contemporary dance which stunned judges.
Each dance routine was judged on concept, choreography, performance skill and overall impact.
You may also want to watch:
They will compete for the capital crown in the London Youth Games final at The Copperbox Arena at the Olympic Park on February 3rd.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police