Dancers from a Cricklewood secondary school off to London Youth Games
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from a secondary school in Cricklewood have won gold by dancing their way to a top youth competition.
Students from Whitefield School in Claremont Road, will represent Barnet for the final of the London Youth Games next week at the Olympic Park.
The young performers beat off competition from around the borough to win first place in the level one KS3/KS4 mixed dance competition.
They each won gold medals after performing a contemporary dance which stunned judges.
Each dance routine was judged on concept, choreography, performance skill and overall impact.
You may also want to watch:
They will compete for the capital crown in the London Youth Games final at The Copperbox Arena at the Olympic Park on February 3rd.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton