College campus scoops second architecture award
�102 million building opened just six months ago
A �102million college campus has scooped a second architecture award just six months after it opened.
The City of Westminster College‘s building in Paddington Green has been named as a winner of the prestigious Royal Institute of British Architects award.
The awards celebrate London’s best schemes and the new campus was honoured under the learning category last week.
The campus, which was designed by Schmidt Hammer Lassen architects, opened in January this year and overlooks conservation areas in Paddington Green and St Mary’s Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
It boasts top-of-the rang facilities including specialist workshops and laboratories, dedicated meeting and IT spaces, a Sport England- specification sports hall, dance studio and gym suite and the professional quality Sarah Siddons Theatre.
To take a virtual tour of the campus visit www.cwc.ac.uk
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 5 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 6 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 9 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury