College campus scoops second architecture award
�102 million building opened just six months ago
A �102million college campus has scooped a second architecture award just six months after it opened.
The City of Westminster College‘s building in Paddington Green has been named as a winner of the prestigious Royal Institute of British Architects award.
The awards celebrate London’s best schemes and the new campus was honoured under the learning category last week.
The campus, which was designed by Schmidt Hammer Lassen architects, opened in January this year and overlooks conservation areas in Paddington Green and St Mary’s Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
It boasts top-of-the rang facilities including specialist workshops and laboratories, dedicated meeting and IT spaces, a Sport England- specification sports hall, dance studio and gym suite and the professional quality Sarah Siddons Theatre.
To take a virtual tour of the campus visit www.cwc.ac.uk
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 3 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 4 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 8 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime