College campus scoops second architecture award
�102 million building opened just six months ago
A �102million college campus has scooped a second architecture award just six months after it opened.
The City of Westminster College‘s building in Paddington Green has been named as a winner of the prestigious Royal Institute of British Architects award.
The awards celebrate London’s best schemes and the new campus was honoured under the learning category last week.
The campus, which was designed by Schmidt Hammer Lassen architects, opened in January this year and overlooks conservation areas in Paddington Green and St Mary’s Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
It boasts top-of-the rang facilities including specialist workshops and laboratories, dedicated meeting and IT spaces, a Sport England- specification sports hall, dance studio and gym suite and the professional quality Sarah Siddons Theatre.
To take a virtual tour of the campus visit www.cwc.ac.uk
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'