Charity plan to open a free school in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
An education charity has submitted plans to open a free school in Harlesden next year.
One Degree proposes to set up a site for 840 pupils if they are given the green light from the Department for Education.
Catering for pupils age four to 18, the One Degree Academy will offer a mixture of traditional teaching and IT facilities to deliver the global minded Cambridge Curriculum, which is claimed to be the ‘gold standard’ in education.
The charity, which is made up of teachers, education specialists and business people, offers low performers personalised support and inspirational role models.
It currently provides mentoring to GCSE students in Brent.
You may also want to watch:
Riaz Shah, chairman of the One Degree Academy said: “We are delighted to be making this application to the Department for Education for a new school for Brent.
“We have been working with the local community for the past 12 months, in addition to the five years our charity has been a part of Brent, and we have been overwhelmed with the level of local support.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
“To date 916 families in Brent have already come forward to support our proposal. We hope to have some positive news to share with them soon.
“We are still very keen to hear from interested parents and students as the greater support we can show the better.”
For more information or to register an interest visit onedegreeacademy.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.