Chalkhill Primary pupils celebrate science award with successful science fair
- Credit: Archant
A Wembley primary school held a very special science fair this month.
Chalkhill Primary staff, in Barnhill Road, invited children and parents from other local schools and dignitaries including the mayor of Brent Cllr Ernest Ezeajughi to the event on December 3.
The school has been recently recognised with the PSOM Outreach award which marked its "outstanding" science provision and Chalkhill's acting headteacher Sandra To said the fair on November 28 saw a "buzz" around the premises.
She added: "Over the past few weeks, the children and staff have been working tirelessly to create a range of science boards, showcasing their learning in class as well as their exceptional knowledge of scientific theory and process.
Ms To continued: "Throughout the day, children presented their science boards to children, parents, pupils from other schools, and even the mayor of Brent. The event was a huge success."
You may also want to watch:
At the event, pupils showed off their best science experiments and even got Cllr Ezeajughi involved.
The mayor told them he had a background in biology.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 5 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 6 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 7 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 8 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
- 9 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 10 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible