Brent students urged to apply to free school aiming to send them to Oxbridge
- Credit: Archant
A free school opening next year which aims to send its students to Oxford and Cambridge universities is inviting applications from youths in Brent.
The Harris Westminster Sixth Form, which will be based in Westminster, is collaboration between academies sponsor the Harris Federation and Westminster School which currently sends half its students to Oxbridge.
Places are free of charge with priority given to academically promising applicants from deprived backgrounds.
Travel grants are also available for some students.
There will be an entrance examination and interview, with offers conditional on GCSE performance.
You may also want to watch:
James Handscombe, principal of the sixth form, said: “This sixth form is the first of its kind in London.
“Because it is so easy for people from to get to, we hope that many teenagers from the area will come to our admissions events and consider applying for a place with us.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
“Our teachers will go well beyond the published syllabus in an environment dedicated to students of high potential and ability. Students will be exposed to the many cultural opportunities London has to offer in music, art and theatre. They will form opinions and attitudes that will shape their lives and we hope to open a window for them to everything the world has to offer.”
Interested parties should attend the admissions events being held in Westminster on November 5 and Bermondsey the following day.
For more information visit www.harriswestminstersixthform.org.uk.