Brent schoolchildren run to fundraise for 25,000 sixth form wing
- Credit: Archant
A Brent secondary school hosted an action packed fun run at Wembley Stadium, raising thousands toward building a £25,000 sixth form wing.
Pupils, joined by staff and parents of Ark Academy, in Bridge Road, worked up a sweat as they ran one kilometre around the outer concourse of the iconic venue
Fundraising efforts didn’t end there, with refreshments and face painting being put up for grabs back on school premises –all aimed at bolstering the building fund.
Delia Smith OBE, principal of the school, said: “We are excited about the marvellous opportunity Wembley Stadium has given us to help raise money for a local school.”
Cllr Kana Naheerathan, the Mayor of Brent attended proceeding, along with the leader of Brent Council, Cllr Mohammed Butt and deputy leader Cllr Michael Pavey.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Naheerathan said: “It was wonderful to attend this Fun Run event for such an important community venture as a 6th Form Building.
“I was very impressed by the students’ participation and their enthusiasm on the day.”
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
Students have so far raised around £4,000.
To donate visit: https://www.justgiving.com/ark-academy-fun-run