Brent schoolchildren run to fundraise for 25,000 sixth form wing
- Credit: Archant
A Brent secondary school hosted an action packed fun run at Wembley Stadium, raising thousands toward building a £25,000 sixth form wing.
Pupils, joined by staff and parents of Ark Academy, in Bridge Road, worked up a sweat as they ran one kilometre around the outer concourse of the iconic venue
Fundraising efforts didn’t end there, with refreshments and face painting being put up for grabs back on school premises –all aimed at bolstering the building fund.
Delia Smith OBE, principal of the school, said: “We are excited about the marvellous opportunity Wembley Stadium has given us to help raise money for a local school.”
Cllr Kana Naheerathan, the Mayor of Brent attended proceeding, along with the leader of Brent Council, Cllr Mohammed Butt and deputy leader Cllr Michael Pavey.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Naheerathan said: “It was wonderful to attend this Fun Run event for such an important community venture as a 6th Form Building.
“I was very impressed by the students’ participation and their enthusiasm on the day.”
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 Teenager who murdered beloved sisters in Kingsbury park jailed for life
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 Halloween: Squid Game in Wembley Park (minus bloodshed)
- 5 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 6 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 7 Covid: Northwick Park Hospital in need of booster vaccine volunteers
- 8 Mother of murdered sisters pledges jailed teenage killer 'will not be let out'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
Students have so far raised around £4,000.
To donate visit: https://www.justgiving.com/ark-academy-fun-run