Brent schoolchildren run to fundraise for 25,000 sixth form wing
- Credit: Archant
A Brent secondary school hosted an action packed fun run at Wembley Stadium, raising thousands toward building a £25,000 sixth form wing.
Pupils, joined by staff and parents of Ark Academy, in Bridge Road, worked up a sweat as they ran one kilometre around the outer concourse of the iconic venue
Fundraising efforts didn’t end there, with refreshments and face painting being put up for grabs back on school premises –all aimed at bolstering the building fund.
Delia Smith OBE, principal of the school, said: “We are excited about the marvellous opportunity Wembley Stadium has given us to help raise money for a local school.”
Cllr Kana Naheerathan, the Mayor of Brent attended proceeding, along with the leader of Brent Council, Cllr Mohammed Butt and deputy leader Cllr Michael Pavey.
Cllr Naheerathan said: “It was wonderful to attend this Fun Run event for such an important community venture as a 6th Form Building.
“I was very impressed by the students’ participation and their enthusiasm on the day.”
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Appeal: Boy, 13, missing from Brent since Monday
- 4 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 5 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 6 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 7 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 8 Alperton family with autistic son plead to be rehoused
- 9 Retired police boss: Sacking Met officers 'takes too long'
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
Students have so far raised around £4,000.
To donate visit: https://www.justgiving.com/ark-academy-fun-run