Brent school breakfast clubs urged to enter competition to scoop £1,500
- Credit: Archant
A Brent MP is encouraging school breakfast clubs to enter themselves for an award to win £1,500.
Dawn Butler, Labour MP for Brent Central, is encouraging the borough’s schools to enter the Kellogg’s Breakfast Club Awards by October 7, for the chance to win the cash to fund the running of their club.
There are eight award categories, including promoting a healthy lifestyle, long life and sustainability, extra learning, breakfast club hero and the best breakfast club in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Winning entries will be given a prize of £1,500 and one school will be selected as grand winner to receive £2,000.
Ms Butler said: “It’s great to see the Kellogg’s Breakfast Awards returning this year. It helps highlight the fantastic work by schools, charities and individuals from right across the country to ensure children can start the day focused and ready to learn.
You may also want to watch:
“I encourage all the schools with breakfast clubs in Brent Central to apply so they have the chance to win £1,500 to help run their club and keep up their brilliant work.”
Lindsay Graham, school food and health advisor and judge at this year’s awards, said: “Breakfast clubs contribute considerable amounts to children’s education. They offer a great start to the school day with a filling breakfast, helping to improve attendance, confidence, concentration and achievement, all being vital components of attainment.”
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 6 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 7 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 8 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
Entries will be judged by an expert panel, with children and teachers from each of the winning clubs invited to the awards ceremony at arliament in November.
To apply go to breakfastclubawards.co.uk.