Brent primary school pupils take part in Young Ambassadors event at Wembley Stadium
- Credit: Archant
A group of pupils from Brent jumped for joy after a day at Wembley Stadium where they learnt skills to become an ambassador for PE and school sport.
The youngsters from 10 primary schools enjoyed a tour of the sporting venue before taking part in leadership, team building and physical activities at the Young Ambassadors event.
The day, organised by the Kingsbury High School Sports Partnership and Capital City Academy, also included an inspirational talk from Casey Stoney, England and Team GB Ladies Football Captain, who later joined them on the five-a-side pitch.
The Young Ambassador programme was set up by the Youth Sports Trust and seeks to develop young leaders and volunteers.
Sakthy Uthayakumar, 15, a student at Kingsbury High School and a Gold Ambassador, said: “I thoroughly enjoyed this experience. It was eye opening to see how many ambassadors there are and I’m proud to see that even after we go off to different colleges and universities these ambassadors will continue to thrive.
You may also want to watch:
“To me, being an ambassador means a variety of things. It’s not something that I enjoy just because I can put it on my CV, but because I can help solve problems such as a lack of participation in sports. I feel privileged to be a part of it.”
The primary school ambassadors will be using their newly found skills to set up Change 4 Life clubs at their schools.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds