Brent has highest number of pupils going onto further education
Figures have been released in Department of Education report
Brent has the highest number of school leavers going onto further education in London, according to a new report by the Department for Education.
An impressive 91 per cent of the borough’s students opt to continue their education after year 11 – significantly higher than the national average for England which is 85 per cent.
The proportion going on to higher education compares even more favourable with the rest of England – at 72 per cent for Brent as opposed to just 52 per cent nationally.
Brent’s bright students are also ahead of the pack when it comes to the universities they are selected for too.
You may also want to watch:
Of the 1300 students surveyed, 15 per cent had been accepted at prestigious Russell Group seats of learning, compared with only nine per cent nationally.
Cllr. Mary Arnold, Brent’s Lead Member for Children and Families, said: “This is a fantastic record which demonstrates Brent’s high education standards.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
“It is really encouraging to see the track record of good quality progression into further and higher education which rank as highest in the country.
“Being ambitious for our young people is demonstrated by achieving 15 per cent going on to Russell Group universities.
“I would like to congratulate everyone in the schools, the college and in Brent Council for contributing to these achievements.”
Brent came with Redbridge, Sutton and Harrow for having the most number of school leavers who go onto the further education.
More details can be found at www.dfe.gov.uk