Brent Council approve school expansion plans to create 840 primary places
- Credit: Archant
Plans to create an extra 840 places by expanding two primary schools in the borough have been green light by Brent Council.
Town hall chiefs approved the proposals which will see Elsey Primary School double in size to accommodate a total of 840 places by 2022.
From September next year, the school in Tokyngton Avenue, Wembley, will enrol 60 extra pupils, or two classes, in each year group.
By 2022 it will have places for 840 four to 11-year-olds
Uxendon Manor Primary School in Vista Way, Kenton, will welcome a further 420 places through its expansion project
You may also want to watch:
The expansion of 60 places in each year group at the school will start at reception age at the start of the autumn term next month, rising to year six by September 2021.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, said: “We have today taken some key decisions in-line with our borough plan priorities which are based on what local people told us matter most to them.”
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 9 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police