Brent Council approve school expansion plans to create 840 primary places
- Credit: Archant
Plans to create an extra 840 places by expanding two primary schools in the borough have been green light by Brent Council.
Town hall chiefs approved the proposals which will see Elsey Primary School double in size to accommodate a total of 840 places by 2022.
From September next year, the school in Tokyngton Avenue, Wembley, will enrol 60 extra pupils, or two classes, in each year group.
By 2022 it will have places for 840 four to 11-year-olds
Uxendon Manor Primary School in Vista Way, Kenton, will welcome a further 420 places through its expansion project
You may also want to watch:
The expansion of 60 places in each year group at the school will start at reception age at the start of the autumn term next month, rising to year six by September 2021.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, said: “We have today taken some key decisions in-line with our borough plan priorities which are based on what local people told us matter most to them.”
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED