Brent college shortlisted for Times Educational Supplement award
- Credit: Archant
A college in Brent has been shortlisted for a TES (Times Educational Supplement) FE Award 2014 in the Sporting Initiative category.
The College of North West London, which has a campus in Wembley and Willesden, was nominated for its effort and commitment to promote sport and encourage team participation within the 10,000 strong student body with its Sports Ambassador Scheme.
The scheme was established in September year and has recruited 15 students to head help its ethos.
Marc Andrews, sports coordinator at CNWL said: “In its first year, the scheme increased student involvement in sporting activity, led to more success for college teams and enabled students to use their skills to benefit the community.
“It also encouraged students to take ownership of the sports activity programme, thereby developing organisational and teamworking skills among the ambassadors. “The Times Educational Supplement (TES) is extremely highly regarded in the education sector and we’re thrilled that they have recognised our success and hard work and have shortlisted the College for this award.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve all got our fingers crossed for a win at the awards ceremony in February.”
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 6 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 7 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 8 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 9 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley