Brent college shortlisted for Times Educational Supplement award
- Credit: Archant
A college in Brent has been shortlisted for a TES (Times Educational Supplement) FE Award 2014 in the Sporting Initiative category.
The College of North West London, which has a campus in Wembley and Willesden, was nominated for its effort and commitment to promote sport and encourage team participation within the 10,000 strong student body with its Sports Ambassador Scheme.
The scheme was established in September year and has recruited 15 students to head help its ethos.
Marc Andrews, sports coordinator at CNWL said: “In its first year, the scheme increased student involvement in sporting activity, led to more success for college teams and enabled students to use their skills to benefit the community.
“It also encouraged students to take ownership of the sports activity programme, thereby developing organisational and teamworking skills among the ambassadors. “The Times Educational Supplement (TES) is extremely highly regarded in the education sector and we’re thrilled that they have recognised our success and hard work and have shortlisted the College for this award.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve all got our fingers crossed for a win at the awards ceremony in February.”
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 9 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police