Brent college shortlisted for Times Educational Supplement award
- Credit: Archant
A college in Brent has been shortlisted for a TES (Times Educational Supplement) FE Award 2014 in the Sporting Initiative category.
The College of North West London, which has a campus in Wembley and Willesden, was nominated for its effort and commitment to promote sport and encourage team participation within the 10,000 strong student body with its Sports Ambassador Scheme.
The scheme was established in September year and has recruited 15 students to head help its ethos.
Marc Andrews, sports coordinator at CNWL said: “In its first year, the scheme increased student involvement in sporting activity, led to more success for college teams and enabled students to use their skills to benefit the community.
“It also encouraged students to take ownership of the sports activity programme, thereby developing organisational and teamworking skills among the ambassadors. “The Times Educational Supplement (TES) is extremely highly regarded in the education sector and we’re thrilled that they have recognised our success and hard work and have shortlisted the College for this award.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve all got our fingers crossed for a win at the awards ceremony in February.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man