Brent Central MP Dawn Butler offers all schools in her constituency a free guided tour of parliament
- Credit: Archant
A Brent MP is offering all schools in her constituency a free guided tour of parliament before the year is out.
Dawn Butler, Labour MP for Brent Central, will take students around the House of Common so they can broaden their knowledge of politics before she present them with a special certificate.
Last week a group of history students and teachers from Crest Academy in Crest Road, Neasden, enjoyed a tour which included a view of the chamber of the House of Commons, the House of Lords, Westminster Hall and the Royal Gallery.
Ms Butler said: “So often parliament can seem like a distant place which is why I believe I believe it is so important to open it to everyone in Brent.
“My aim is for every school in Brent Central to have had the opportunity to visit Parliament by the end of the year. If you would like to visit please get in touch!”
You may also want to watch:
Schools wishing to visit parliament should call 0207 219 0866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 3 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 4 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 5 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 6 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid