Brent Central MP Dawn Butler offers all schools in her constituency a free guided tour of parliament
- Credit: Archant
A Brent MP is offering all schools in her constituency a free guided tour of parliament before the year is out.
Dawn Butler, Labour MP for Brent Central, will take students around the House of Common so they can broaden their knowledge of politics before she present them with a special certificate.
Last week a group of history students and teachers from Crest Academy in Crest Road, Neasden, enjoyed a tour which included a view of the chamber of the House of Commons, the House of Lords, Westminster Hall and the Royal Gallery.
Ms Butler said: “So often parliament can seem like a distant place which is why I believe I believe it is so important to open it to everyone in Brent.
“My aim is for every school in Brent Central to have had the opportunity to visit Parliament by the end of the year. If you would like to visit please get in touch!”
You may also want to watch:
Schools wishing to visit parliament should call 0207 219 0866 or email email@example.com to arrange a tour.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 4 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 5 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 8 MP Dawn Butler: Support available to get through lockdown
- 9 Dozens 'found breaching Covid restrictions' at shisha cafe
- 10 'Distress' as eggs thrown at ambulances in Neasden