Brent Central MP Dawn Butler offers all schools in her constituency a free guided tour of parliament
- Credit: Archant
A Brent MP is offering all schools in her constituency a free guided tour of parliament before the year is out.
Dawn Butler, Labour MP for Brent Central, will take students around the House of Common so they can broaden their knowledge of politics before she present them with a special certificate.
Last week a group of history students and teachers from Crest Academy in Crest Road, Neasden, enjoyed a tour which included a view of the chamber of the House of Commons, the House of Lords, Westminster Hall and the Royal Gallery.
Ms Butler said: “So often parliament can seem like a distant place which is why I believe I believe it is so important to open it to everyone in Brent.
“My aim is for every school in Brent Central to have had the opportunity to visit Parliament by the end of the year. If you would like to visit please get in touch!”
You may also want to watch:
Schools wishing to visit parliament should call 0207 219 0866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill