Ark Academy schoolchildren design and paint 40ft mural in Wembley Park
- Credit: Chris Winter
A 40ft mural designed and painted by Wembley school children has been unveiled in Wembley Park.
More than 100 pupils from Ark Academy in Bridge Road worked with Global Street Art to launch their giant Wembley Park Wishes the World Welcome mural against the backdrop of the iconic stadium.
GSA held workshops with the pupils where an initial hand-drawn design for the mural was created. They then worked in groups to bring it to life with paint.
The mural is the second commission of the Wembley Park Street Art Project, which was launched last year with the famed doodler Mr Doodle.
Lee Bofkin, GSA co-founder, said: “The design approach for this project was new for us and ensured that the kids have the most input possible.
You may also want to watch:
The fact they designed each letter individually and those letters have been carried through to the final mural means that the kids have been involved every step of the way.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application