Ark Academy schoolchildren design and paint 40ft mural in Wembley Park
- Credit: Chris Winter
A 40ft mural designed and painted by Wembley school children has been unveiled in Wembley Park.
More than 100 pupils from Ark Academy in Bridge Road worked with Global Street Art to launch their giant Wembley Park Wishes the World Welcome mural against the backdrop of the iconic stadium.
GSA held workshops with the pupils where an initial hand-drawn design for the mural was created. They then worked in groups to bring it to life with paint.
The mural is the second commission of the Wembley Park Street Art Project, which was launched last year with the famed doodler Mr Doodle.
Lee Bofkin, GSA co-founder, said: “The design approach for this project was new for us and ensured that the kids have the most input possible.
You may also want to watch:
The fact they designed each letter individually and those letters have been carried through to the final mural means that the kids have been involved every step of the way.”
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 4 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12