Ark Academy schoolchildren design and paint 40ft mural in Wembley Park
- Credit: Chris Winter
A 40ft mural designed and painted by Wembley school children has been unveiled in Wembley Park.
More than 100 pupils from Ark Academy in Bridge Road worked with Global Street Art to launch their giant Wembley Park Wishes the World Welcome mural against the backdrop of the iconic stadium.
GSA held workshops with the pupils where an initial hand-drawn design for the mural was created. They then worked in groups to bring it to life with paint.
The mural is the second commission of the Wembley Park Street Art Project, which was launched last year with the famed doodler Mr Doodle.
Lee Bofkin, GSA co-founder, said: “The design approach for this project was new for us and ensured that the kids have the most input possible.
You may also want to watch:
The fact they designed each letter individually and those letters have been carried through to the final mural means that the kids have been involved every step of the way.”
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 6 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 7 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines